YouTube says it will unblock Trump’s channel after reducing the threat of violence

Susan Wojcicki, CEO of the video service, noted that congressional restrictions, increased security at the Capitol, and other signals show that the risks of incitement to violence remain.

Video hosting service YouTube will remove restrictions on the work of the account of former US President Donald Trump, blocked in January, after seeing a reduction in the risks of incitement to violence. This was announced on Thursday by the general director of the video service, Susan Wojcicki.

“The channel remains closed because we see the risk of incitement to violence <…> We will remove restrictions from the channel when we determine that the risk of violence has decreased, “she said during a video dialogue with the head of the non-governmental American organization “Atlantic Council” Frederick Kempe.

Wojcicki added that congressional restrictions, increased security at the Capitol, and other signals show that the risks of inciting violence remain.

As reported by The Washington Post, the House of Representatives of the US Congress canceled a meeting scheduled for Thursday after receiving a warning from law enforcement officers about the possible preparation of an attack on the Capitol that day. Concerns about March 4 are related to the fact that until 1933, inclusive, the inauguration of the president took place on this day. Against this background, it was previously suggested that those who disagree with the results of the elections might again gather at the US Congress building.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Author: Ivan Maltsev
The study of political and social problems of different countries of the world. Analysis of large companies on the world market. Observing world leaders in the political arena.
Function: Chief-Editor
Ivan Maltsev

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: