US troops came under Turkish artillery fire near the Syrian city of Kobani on Friday, none of them were injured, but Washington demands that this does not happen again. The official representative of the Pentagon stated in statement.
“US troops in the Kobani area came under artillery fire from Turkish positions on October 11 at about 21.00 local time, — the document says. According to the Agency, one of the shells exploded “a few hundred meters” from the place where the US military was located, near the security zone. As specified in the statement, the US side had previously notified Ankara of the “presence of US forces” in the area.
The Pentagon said that none of the American troops were injured. “US forces have not retreated from Kobani,” the statement said. — The United States continues to oppose the entry of Turkish forces into Syria and, in particular, against Turkey’s operations near the security zone and areas where, as the Turkish side knows, there are American forces. The US demands that Turkey avoid actions that could lead to immediate defensive measures.”
Earlier, CNN reported that Turkish artillery fired at Kobani hit the place, which is close to the positions of the US military. According to sources of the channel, we are talking about the “American special forces unit.”