Trump ready to hold new talks with Kim Jong-un

North Korean authorities said Monday that they were ready to resume talks with the United States.

President Donald Trump told reporters on Thursday that he is ready to hold new talks with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un on nuclear disarmament. According to the President, such negotiations can take place this year.

Trump reported this while talking to reporters on the White House lawn before his trip to Baltimore, Maryland. On Monday, the DPRK authorities expressed their readiness to resume talks with the US in September.

Political analysts believe that the resignation of John Bolton, who was the President’s national security adviser, could revive talks with North Korea, which stopped in February after the summit in Vietnam. However, Bolton’s departure from the White House is unlikely to facilitate the main task – to convince Pyongyang to abandon its nuclear program.

Trump and Kim have met three times since June 2018.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Author: Flyn Braun
Graduated from Cambridge University. Previously, he worked in various diferent news media. Currently, it is a columnist of the us news section in the Free News editors.
Function: Editor

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors:

133 number 0.234424 time