Trump announced “substantial” tightening of sanctions against Iran

US President Donald Trump announced the tightening of us sanctions against Iran.

“I have just instructed the Finance Minister to increase significantly sanctions against Iran! Donald Trump announced via his Twitter account.

Earlier, the United States accused the Iranian leadership that Iran is behind the so-called Houthi attack on the world’s largest oil refinery located in Saudi Arabia. The attack, carried out with the help of drones, occurred on September 14. The next day, on the 15th, US Secretary of state Mike Pompeo blamed it on Iran, although “Yemeni Houthi rebels” had already claimed responsibility. President Donald Trump warned that Washington is ready to respond to the attacks, but stressed that “does not want war.”

In turn, Tehran called Pompeo’s statement a lie and warned the US that in the event of an American attack on Iranian facilities, American bases in Qatar and the UAE could be under attack.

On Tuesday, September 17, Vice President of the United States Mike Pence said that Washington is studying materials indicating Iran’s involvement in the strike in Saudi Arabia. “We evaluate all the evidence. We’re consulting with the allies. And the President will determine the best course of action in the coming days,” said Pence, whose statement is quoted by Voice of America. The Vice President assured that the US “will take all necessary measures to protect our country, our Armed forces and our allies in the Persian Gulf.”

After Donald Trump announced tougher sanctions against Iran, the Saudi authorities said that, according to preliminary results of the investigation, the attack on the refinery “was carried out from the North” and “undoubtedly sponsored by Iran.”

According to AFP, a statement was made by Turki al-Maliki, a spokesman for the Saudi Defense Ministry, saying that the investigation will continue.

or as guest:
Comments: 0