TikTok representatives responded to Trump’s threat

The TikTok team is grateful to American users for their support and has no plans to leave the US, said Vanessa Pappas, General Manager of TikTok in the US, in a video message.

Earlier, it became known that US President Donald Trump intends to block the Chinese Tiktok service on the territory of the States. According to Reuters, the US leader plans to sign a decree on Saturday.

In addition, according to media reports, to resolve the conflict, the owner of the application, Chinese ByteDance, intends to sell The Tiktok stake to the American Corporation Microsoft.

“I want to say thank you to the millions of Americans who use TikTok every day, creating creativity and joy in our daily lives. We have heard your great support, and we want to say thank you. We don’t plan to go anywhere … We are here for a long time,” Pappas said.

Amid accusations that the app collects personal data and threatens US national security, TikTok said that user data is stored in a country with strict access controls for employees, and the company is “committed to protecting the privacy and security of users.”

Earlier, reported that Washington is studying the introduction of restrictive measures against TikTok.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Author: Steve Cowan
Graduated From Princeton University. He has been at the Free Press since October 2014. Previously worked as a regional entertainment editor.
Function: Chief-Editor
Steve Cowan

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors:

38 number 0.496845 time