The US will present a historical report on UFOs

The report is largely based on the testimonies of military pilots.

The US government, which once took with open skepticism the stories about UFOs seen in the sky, which for decades excited the imagination of the public, is preparing to release an extensive report on the so-called “unidentified aerial phenomena,” largely based on the testimony of American military pilots.

In the coming days, the American intelligence community, together with the Pentagon, will present its report on this topic to Congress. In recent years, the Pentagon has published some videos taken by Navy pilots, which depict mysterious aircraft that surpass known aviation technologies in speed and maneuverability.

On the eve of the publication of the report, representatives of the Ministry of Defense made it clear that they are taking the problem seriously while avoiding questions about the potential extraterrestrial origin of these objects. The report marks a turning point for the US military, which for decades has denied and discredited any reports of unidentified flying objects and “flying saucers.”

“We take very seriously reports of intrusions into our airspace of any aircraft, identified or unidentified, and we are investigating each of them,” said Pentagon spokeswoman Sue Gough.

Navy Lieutenant Commander Alex Dietrich was among the pilots from the aircraft carrier Nimitz, who in 2004 noticed an unknown flying object off the coast of California, shaped like Tic Tac lollipops.

In an interview with Reuters this week, Dietrich said that this episode was “professionally and objectively” analyzed by the military command after she and her colleagues reported what they saw.

As the New York Times reported on June 3, the intelligence service found no evidence that the “unidentified aerial phenomena” noticed by the pilots are alien spacecraft, but it cannot explain the unusual movements of these objects and finally exclude their extraterrestrial origin.

Citing senior administration officials familiar with the classified version of the report, the newspaper writes that the vast majority of the more than 120 incidents with such facilities over the past two decades were not related to the actions of the US military or other advanced government technologies.

The report, which will be presented by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, includes the work of the US Navy task force created by the Pentagon in August 2020 for the investigation of incidents with “unidentified air phenomena”. Senator Marco Rubio played an important role in the decision to prepare the report.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Author: Steve Cowan
Graduated From Princeton University. He has been at the Free Press since October 2014. Previously worked as a regional entertainment editor.
Function: Chief-Editor
Steve Cowan

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors:

30 number 0.319483 time