The US has declared its readiness to support the Afghan security forces

The United States, as it withdraws its troops from Afghanistan, is ready to support the Afghan armed forces if they are subjected to armed attacks by militants, First Deputy Secretary of Defense Kathleen Hicks said.

“Yes, our planning involves working together with our coalition partners: NATO allies and the Afghan military. We will be able to support them as we withdraw our forces, including, as you mentioned if they are attacked during this withdrawal,” Hicks said during an online workshop.

Earlier, the US administration announced that it would begin and complete the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan by May 1 and September 11, in full coordination with its allies. In 2020, the United States and the Taliban signed the first peace agreement in Doha in more than 18 years of war. It provides for the withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan in 14 months and the beginning of an inter-Afghan dialogue after the exchange of prisoners. Since the signing of the agreement, the Taliban has repeatedly accused Washington of violating the agreement. There is a confrontation between government forces and the Taliban in Afghanistan, who have seized significant territories in rural areas and launched an offensive on major cities. In the capital of Qatar, on September 12, 2020, peace talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban started.

Author: Steve Cowan
Graduated From Princeton University. He has been at the Free Press since October 2014. Previously worked as a regional entertainment editor.
Function: Chief-Editor
E-mail: Great7news@gmail.com