The US announced the withdrawal of a third of its troops from Afghanistan

The US Central Command said that Washington has withdrawn a third of its military units from Afghanistan.

“According to the estimates of the US Central Command, we have completed from 30 to 44% of the entire withdrawal process,” Free News quotes the text of the statement.

According to the command, about 300 cargo planes with materials were taken out of Afghanistan, and 13 thousand units of various equipment were transferred to the Defense Ministry’s logistics agency for disposal.

At the end of April, NATO forces and, in particular, the United States began withdrawing their military from Afghanistan. Initially, it was planned that all foreign troops would leave the republic by May 1 of this year. Later, US President Joe Biden said that the withdrawal of troops is planned to be completed by September 11. In late February, at a ceremony in Qatar, representatives of the United States and the Taliban signed the first peace agreement in more than 18 years of conflict, which provides for the withdrawal of foreign troops from the Islamic Republic in 14 months and the beginning of an inter-Afghan dialogue after the exchange of prisoners.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Author: Steve Cowan
Graduated From Princeton University. He has been at the Free Press since October 2014. Previously worked as a regional entertainment editor.
Function: Chief-Editor
135 number 0.257249 time