The United States made Huawei blacklisted because of threats to national security

The US Department of Commerce has decided to blacklist Chinese telecommunications equipment manufacturer Huawei for “activities contrary to US national security.”

Together with Huawei, another 70 related companies will be blacklisted. American manufacturers that sell Huawei any equipment will need a special license of the American authorities.

“This step will prevent foreign-owned companies from using American technology to undermine US national security,” said trade Minister Wilbur Rossi in a statement.

US authorities accuse Huawei of providing banned financial services to Iran in circumvention of our sanctions, as well as attempts to obstruct justice during the investigation of these violations in the United States.

Earlier on Wednesday, President Donald Trump signed a decree introducing a state of emergency to protect US information and communication infrastructure from foreign threats.

At the same time, the decree does not mention any specific companies.

In August last year, Trump signed a decree that banned us government agencies from using equipment produced by Huawei and another Chinese company — ZTE.
Trump’s decree was signed at a time when Washington and Beijing continue negotiations in an attempt to end the trade war between the two countries.
Washington believes that Huawei technology can be used by Chinese intelligence services. Itself Huawei has consistently denied such accusations.
Earlier, the US said that it would prevent the use of Huawei equipment in the creation of a new generation of 5G networks both in the US and in other countries.