Representatives of the radical Taliban movement said that the agreement they reached with the United States was violated by Washington and the government of Afghanistan supported by it, according to local TV channel Tolo News, citing a statement from the movement.
In late February, at a ceremony in Qatar, the US and the Taliban signed the first peace agreement in more than 18 years of war, which provides for the withdrawal of foreign troops from Afghanistan in 14 months and the beginning of an inter-Afghan dialogue in March after a prisoner exchange deal.
Representatives of the group said that they consider it a violation of the agreement to delay the release of five thousand Taliban prisoners. In addition, the Taliban claim that Afghan forces with the support of the US military are conducting attacks on the positions of the “Taliban.”
In a statement, the Taliban called on the US and the Afghan government to abide by the agreement and said they “may attack any Outpost of the Afghan government” until a separate cease-fire agreement is signed following inter-Afghan talks.
Earlier it was reported that the Afghan authorities and representatives of the “Taliban” agreed to start exchanging prisoners and prisoners on Thursday, April 2. Previously, it was assumed that the process would start on March 31, but then the representative of the national security Council of Afghanistan, Javid Faisal, said that the parties continue to discuss the issue.