The Scots were forbidden to visit due to the second wave of coronavirus

Residents of Scotland were banned from visiting due to the spread of coronavirus. The tightening of quarantine due to a sharp increase in the number of COVID-19 infections was announced on Tuesday by the first Minister of Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon.

Among the restrictive measures, she called the closure of pubs, bars, and restaurants at 22.00, and not later, as was previously the case, as well as restrictions on outdoor gatherings – in the region, it will be possible to gather in the number of no more than six people.

“After careful consideration, we decided that from tomorrow it will be forbidden to visit people in another household. The need to extend this regime will be considered in three weeks,” Sturgeon said at a briefing.

According to her, residents of the region should also continue to work from home if their professions allow it. The requirement to wear masks indoors is also maintained. At the same time, the Prime Minister said that schools and businesses would remain open as far as the epidemiological situation allows.

Earlier, Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced the tightening of quarantine measures in England. Residents of this region are not yet banned from visiting, but the Prime Minister did not rule out taking tougher measures.