The President of Indonesia announced the death of the sunken submarine Nanggala

Indonesian President Joko Widodo said that the submarine Nanggala, which disappeared a few days ago, sank in the Balinese Sea and expressed his condolences to the families of the crew members, Reuters reported.

“The Army and Navy have changed the status of the submarine KRI Nanggala 402 from “lost communication” to “sunk.” The entire people of Indonesia express their deep sorrow over this tragedy, especially to the families of the submarine crew members,” he said in an interview with reporters.

The submarine, owned by the Indonesian Navy, stopped communicating on April 21, during an exercise off the coast of Bali. There were at least 53 people on board.

The search was conducted by 18 ships of the Indonesian Navy, four police vessels, and three of the national search and rescue Service. Many countries have offered to help Jakarta, including Russia, the United States, Germany, France, India, Turkey, and Australia.

On the eve of the chief of the general staff of the Indonesian Navy, Admiral Yudo Margono said that rescuers found on the surface of the water parts of equipment for servicing torpedo tubes, a can of lubricant for the periscope, fragments of products made of a fire-resistant sponge, Muslim prayer mats and a fragment of the cooling system casing. The bodies of the sailors or fragments of the submariners ‘ uniforms have not yet been found.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Author: Steve Cowan
Graduated From Princeton University. He has been at the Free Press since October 2014. Previously worked as a regional entertainment editor.
Function: Chief-Editor
Steve Cowan

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors:

35 number 0.292951 time