The head of the Pentagon said that the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan is ahead of schedule

According to Lloyd Austin, he is proud that the task for which the troops were sent to Afghanistan was completed.

The withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan is slightly ahead of schedule. This was stated on Thursday by US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, speaking at a hearing in the House Appropriations Committee of the US Congress.

“As you know, President [US President Joe Biden] has ordered the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan by September. I can report to you that the withdrawal [of troops] is going according to plan, in fact, with a slight advance,” the head of the Pentagon said.

“We have completed the task for which our troops were sent to Afghanistan. And I am very proud of this,” the head of the department added. On April 14, Biden announced his decision to end the operation in Afghanistan, which became the longest foreign military campaign in American history (it began in October 2001). The withdrawal of individual units and the removal of equipment began at the end of last month. It is assumed that the US military will leave the country by September 11. In 2010-2013, the number of US troops and their allies in Afghanistan exceeded 150 thousand people.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Author: Steve Cowan
Graduated From Princeton University. He has been at the Free Press since October 2014. Previously worked as a regional entertainment editor.
Function: Chief-Editor
Steve Cowan

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors:

31 number 0.270998 time