The launch of the Falcon 9 launch vehicle with a group of Starlink Internet satellites, which was scheduled for Saturday, was again canceled, SpaceX said.
“Canceling today’s launch of the tenth Starlink mission to allow more time for verification; the team is working to determine the next launch opportunity. We will announce a new target date after confirming the (temporary) range,” the company said in a message on Twitter.
Standing down from today's launch of the tenth Starlink mission to allow more time for checkouts; team is working to identify the next launch opportunity. Will announce a new target date once confirmed with the Range
— SpaceX (@SpaceX) July 11, 2020
Earlier on Wednesday, the launch was canceled ten minutes before the start due to weather conditions.
This will be the fifth flight for the Falcon 9 launch vehicle used in the launch of the first stage. Previously, it participated in the unmanned test launch of Crew Dragon on the ISS and launched satellites into orbit three times, including two batches of Starlink Internet satellites. According to SpaceX, on Saturday, the company again plans to land the first stage on a platform in the Atlantic Ocean for its subsequent use.
Starlink is a next-generation satellite network capable of providing Earth’s inhabitants with broadband Internet access. The project started in February 2018. In total, it is planned to launch about 12 thousand satellites. Another 30 thousand satellites should be placed in orbits with altitudes from 328 to 580 kilometers. SpaceX estimated the cost of the project at $ 10 billion.