WARSAW – The agreement on the establishment of the US Combat Training Center in Poland will be signed in the third quarter of this year. Defense Minister Mariusz Blaszczak stated on Monday on the Polish radio.
“In the third quarter of this year, we will sign with the US an agreement relating to the Combat Training Center on the range in Drawsko Pomorskie. It will be designed for the most part for American troops,” the Minister said, stressing that there “the US army soldiers will be able to be certified on the spot, without the need to travel to Germany.”
Currently, Poland hosts a multinational NATO battalion of about 1 thousand soldiers, as well as on a rotational basis, an American tank brigade of about 3.5 thousand people.
In mid-June, US President Donald Trump, at a joint press conference with Polish President Andrzej Duda in the Rose Garden of the White House, said that Poland will build an object to accommodate an additional 1,000 us troops at its own expense. He also pointed out earlier that it was a “world-class facility.” The President stressed that the US will not send additional troops to Europe and can increase its military contingent in Poland by transferring forces from Germany or from other places. According to him, it is about 2 thousand soldiers.