NATO to restrict access of Belarus mission to its headquarters

This decision was made after the incident with the Ryanair plane.

Employees of the diplomatic mission of Belarus to NATO will be restricted access to the headquarters of the alliance after the incident with the plane that the authorities of this country forced to land in Minsk, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said on Monday.

“We decided to restrict the access of Belarusian personnel to the NATO headquarters,” Stoltenberg said at a press conference, without going into details. NATO and Belarus have maintained relations since 1992, and Belarus has had a diplomatic mission to the alliance since April 1998. When asked about the new military formations and units that Russia plans to deploy near the alliance’s borders, Stoltenberg said that NATO will continue to engage in dialogue with Moscow, as well as to train troops for defensive purposes.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Author: Steve Cowan
Graduated From Princeton University. He has been at the Free Press since October 2014. Previously worked as a regional entertainment editor.
Function: Chief-Editor
Steve Cowan

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors:

33 number 0.232377 time