More than ten thousand residents of the Gaza Strip have left their homes due to Israeli attacks

About ten thousand residents of the Gaza Strip were forced to leave their homes as a result of the bombing of Gaza by the Israeli army, Palestinian Foreign Minister Riyad al-Maliki said on Sunday, speaking at an emergency meeting of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) at the level of foreign ministers. The meeting was organized by Saudi Arabia in the form of a video conference after a new escalation of the situation in Palestine.

“More than ten thousand people in the Gaza Strip were forced to leave their homes as a result of the barbaric bombing, hundreds of buildings were destroyed in various parts of the Strip,” he said.  He called for “the creation of an international front that would oppose Israeli aggression against the Palestinian people.” The situation on the border between Israel and the Palestinian Gaza Strip escalated on the evening of May 10. As of May 16, since the beginning of the escalation from the Gaza Strip, 2,9 thousand rockets have been fired at Israeli territory, 1,150 of them have been intercepted. According to the latest information, 10 people were killed in Israel, and about 50 were seriously injured. Israel has also carried out hundreds of strikes in the Gaza Strip. The number of Palestinians killed in Israeli airstrikes has reached 181, with 52 children among the victims.

Author: Steve Cowan
Graduated From Princeton University. He has been at the Free Press since October 2014. Previously worked as a regional entertainment editor.
Function: Chief-Editor
132 number 0.206341 time