Mike Tyson rejects $ 25 million for his fight with Holyfield

Former world heavyweight boxing champion American Mike Tyson turned down an offer to fight Evander Holyfield in May 2021. Holyfield’s representatives reported this to ESPN.

The American team emphasized that they had been negotiating with Tyson’s managers for several months. “We thought the deal was about to take place. But in the end, Mike’s guys turned down all the offers, ”says Chris Lawrence, representing Holyfield’s interests. It is noted that we are talking about a guaranteed payment of $ 25 million.

It was planned that Holyfield and Tyson would meet again in the ring as part of an exhibition duel on May 29. “We wasted our time,” said Lawrence.

On November 29, 2020, Tyson returned to the ring after 15 years. The ex-world champion had an exhibition duel with compatriot Roy Jones Jr. The fight ended in a draw. Both athletes expressed their readiness to hold a rematch.

In 1997, Tyson bit off part of his opponent’s ear during a rematch against Holyfield. The fight was stopped, and the American heavyweight was disqualified and fined three million dollars.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Author: Sam Smith
Graduated from University of Oxford. Previously, he worked in various diferent news media. Currently, it is a columnist of the world news section in the Free News editors.
Function: Editor

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors:

127 number 0.212426 time