Members of the top US military leadership went into quarantine

Among them – the head of the joint chiefs of staff, General Mark Milley.

WASHINGTON – Representatives of the top US military leadership, including the head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Mark Milley, went into quarantine after contact with the Deputy Commander of the US Coast Guard, Charles Ray, whose test for coronavirus was positive.

Pentagon officials told that Milley, his Deputy General John Hyten, and the heads of the armed forces who attended meetings with Ray at the Pentagon last week had tested negative for the coronavirus and, as of Tuesday, they had not shown symptoms of COVID-19.

“As a precautionary measure, all people who may have been in close contact at these meetings are being quarantined,” said Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman. – None of the contacts in the Pentagon remained asymptomatic and have no additional positive tests, about which it would be possible to say at this point”.

Admiral Ray attended the meeting in a secure room in the Pentagon, the so-called “tank,” with General Milley, Hyten, and the heads of the majority of the armed forces and other military leaders.

It is not known whether Ray was already infected with the coronavirus at that time.

A Defense Department official said that the warlords were quarantined under Defense Department recommendations developed by the Centers for disease control and prevention.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Author: John Kessler
Graduated From the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Previously, worked in various little-known media. Currently is an expert, editor and developer of Free News.
Function: Director
John Kessler

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors:

37 number 0.328974 time