Macron to continue the tour of France despite slap incident

A government spokesman said the president was taking the opportunity to “measure the pulse” of the country.

A spokesman for Emmanuel Macron said that the incident with the slap in the face of the French president will not interfere with his trip around the country.

A man slapped Macron on the cheek on Tuesday as the French leader shook hands with people behind a barricade in a small town in southeastern France.

The suspect was taken into custody, and although security first took the president away, he soon continued to shake hands and communicate with people.

At a press conference in Paris, government spokesman Gabriel Attal said that while the president’s security service remains as vigilant as ever, no special alert has been issued following the incident. Attal noted that Macron will continue to travel around the country, because now, when the incidence of COVID-19 is declining, and contacts between people have been limited for a long time, there is no better opportunity to “measure the pulse” of the country.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Author: Steve Cowan
Graduated From Princeton University. He has been at the Free Press since October 2014. Previously worked as a regional entertainment editor.
Function: Chief-Editor
Steve Cowan

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors:

32 number 0.243818 time