UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov is ranked seventh in the ranking of the best-selling athletes in the world, published by Nielsen.
Athletes were evaluated on several criteria: impact, achievement, relevance, and income. It is noted that Nurmagomedov, who won all 28 fights in which he took part during his career, became the only Russian in this list.
The first place in the ranking went to the Argentine leader of “Barcelona” Lionel Messi, who scored 115 points. The second place was taken by the Portuguese forward of Juventus Cristiano Ronaldo, who scored 113 points. The top three was completed by American basketball player “Los Angeles Lakers” LeBron James (110).
The other athletes were arranged as follows:
4. Virat Kohli (India, cricket, 109);
5. Bianca Andreescu (Romania, tennis, 107);
6. Neymar (Brazil, soccer, 107);
7. Khabib Nurmagomedov (Russia, MMA, 106);
8. Rohit Sharma (India, cricket, 103);
9. Mohamed Salah (Egypt, soccer, 103);
10. Paulo Dybala (Argentina, soccer, 100).