Iran demanded compensation from the US 50 billion dollars | FREE NEWS

Iran demanded compensation from the US 50 billion dollars

Tehran called the conditions for the fulfillment of obligations under the nuclear deal. To do this, the US must return to the agreement, from which it withdrew in 2018, as well as pay Iran compensation for damage from the imposed restrictions.

Iran will return to the nuclear deal on the condition that Washington pays Tehran $ 50 billion in damages from sanctions. The Secretary of the Council of political expediency of the country (Advisory body under the Supreme Leader of Iran) Mohsen Rezayi stated.

According to him, Tehran needs conditions that go beyond the Joint comprehensive plan of action (JCPOA). “If they [the Americans] want to restore the deal, they should not only go back to it themselves but also pay at least $ 50 billion in compensation,” he said.

“According to the Americans, the boycott of imports and exports was to interrupt Iran’s trade and put Iran on a one hundred percent blockade. From the very beginning, we said that these actions will not go unanswered,” Rezayi added.

On September 25, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said his country would not negotiate with the US under pressure. The next day, he announced Tehran’s readiness to sit down at the negotiating table on a nuclear deal in the “5 + 1” format (the US, Russia, China, Britain, France, and Germany), adding that trump in exchange offered to lift all sanctions against the Islamic Republic. The US President later denied the claim.

The JCPOA was signed in 2015, it involves Iran’s refusal to produce weapons-grade plutonium and reducing the volume of enriched uranium in exchange for the lifting of sanctions by Western countries and the UN Security Council. Last May, the US withdrew from the agreement, and then Washington reinstated a series of restrictive measures against Tehran. Since then, Iran has announced that it is suspending its nuclear deal commitments on stockpiles of enriched uranium and heavy water.

The US imposed new sanctions on Iran in September, after Saudi Aramco oil field facilities in Saudi Arabia were attacked by drones. Washington believes that Tehran is to blame for the incident. Under the American restrictions fell the Central Bank of Iran — by them, all assets of the regulator in the United States should be frozen, and American citizens will not be able to make any transactions with its participation.
Tehran denies involvement in the attack in Saudi Arabia. The Central Bank said that the new sanctions are less effective than any restrictions ever imposed by the US authorities against the country. The Iranian foreign Ministry considered US sanctions policy unsuccessful.