Iran called “posturing” US plans to send troops to the Middle East

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif criticized the US decision to send additional troops and weapons to Saudi Arabia in response to the attack on oil fields. According to the Iranian Foreign Minister, this step by Washington is posturing. Zarif said in an interview with CBS.

“I think it’s posturing,” Zarif said. “I think everything in solving this problem is going in the wrong direction,” he added.

Zarif also refused to rule out the possibility of military conflict in the Middle East after the US decision to send additional troops to Saudi Arabia.
“I’m not sure we can avoid war,” Zarif said. “I am sure that we will not start [the war], but I am sure that whoever starts it will not be the one who ends it,” the Iranian Foreign Minister said.

Zarif was interviewed in New York, where he will attend a session of the UN General Assembly. On Friday, the US said it would send some troops to the Middle East and missile defenses for the Saudis in response to last weekend’s attack on the Kingdom’s oil facilities.

Although the Houthis from the Ansar Allah movement claimed responsibility for the attacks on the facilities of the Saudi Aramco oil company, Washington and Riyadh believe that Iran is behind the attacks. Tehran denies any involvement in the attacks.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Author: Flyn Braun
Graduated from Cambridge University. Previously, he worked in various diferent news media. Currently, it is a columnist of the us news section in the Free News editors.
Function: Editor

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors:

133 number 0.218891 time