Only Google Play app developers with annual revenue of less than $ 1 million can qualify for the reduced commission. As soon as this level is reached, the commission will rise again to 30%.
“Sign up now for a 15% service charge: Effective July 1, the service charge will be 15% instead of 30% for your first $1M revenue each year. To make sure you are eligible for the 15% commission, you need to create a group of accounts in the Google Play Console, ”reads the Google post.
True, there are several requirements for applications:
- More than 100 thousand downloads monthly;
- High rating and high-quality interface;
- High rating of the developer account;
- Integration of Google Platforms and APIs in. depending on the type of content;
- Providing premium access to non-user-created videos, audios, or books.
There are also content requirements:
- Videos: Movies, TV shows, sports and live news, the ability to integrate with Android TV, Google TV, and the Cast platform, smart search, and easy registration.
- Audio: Access to music or podcasts by subscription, support for WearOS, Android Auto, AndroidTV, and Cast, the ability to play across devices.
- Books: Premium access to books, audiobooks, comics, optimized for tablets and foldable devices, support for Entertainment Space, WearOS, and Android Auto for audiobooks.