Gerard Depardieu denies allegations of violence

Gerard Depardieu was charged with rape and sexual harassment in 2018. Then the 20-year-old actress said that Depardieu allegedly raped her twice in his Paris home and filed a complaint only two weeks after the incident.

The case was closed in 2019 due to lack of evidence, but reopened last summer when the young actress wrote a statement again. A re-investigation has again led to the filing of charges Gerard Depardieu, and on March 10 he will appear before a French court.

However, as reported by the AFP news agency, the 72-year-old French actor completely denies the charges against him and says that there is no evidence that he committed such a crime.

“For me, the investigation was closed, I am innocent, and I have nothing to fear,” notes Depardieu.

At the same time, he calls the coverage of this case in the media “terrible”,, since at present, in his opinion, the tendency in the press to continuously transmit negative and often false and biased information dominates.

Recall that Gerard Depardieu is very popular as an actor in France and all over the world. He has played in hundreds of films, including The Count of Monte Cristo, Tartuffe, The Man in the Iron Mask, Life of Pi, Les Miserables.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.

Author: Oleg Ceban
Graduated from University of Oxford. Previously, he worked in various diferent news media. Currently, it is a columnist of the world news section in the Free News editors.
Function: Editor
Oleg Ceban

Spelling error report

The following text will be sent to our editors: