Following the US, NATO announced the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan

Secretary-General Stoltenberg said that the withdrawal will begin by May and will last for several months.

NATO said it would withdraw all its troops from Afghanistan after the United States made the same promise.

NATO Chief Jens Stoltenberg announced the withdrawal of about 7,000 NATO troops at a press conference after meeting with US Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Defense Minister Lloyd Austin.

“We will begin the withdrawal of the NATO Resolute Support mission by May 1,” Stoltenberg said – “and we plan to complete the withdrawal of all our troops within a few months.”

“We entered Afghanistan together, we adjusted our positions together, and we are leaving together,” he added.

Author: Steve Cowan
Graduated From Princeton University. He has been at the Free Press since October 2014. Previously worked as a regional entertainment editor.
Function: Chief-Editor
133 number 0.231305 time