In the US state of Michigan, a schoolboy brought a homemade bomb to class and accidentally detonated it. The local police reported this on Twitter.
The incident took place on Monday, March 8, in the village of Newaygo. According to the investigation, a 16-year-old schoolboy accidentally blew up a device brought to an educational institution. As a result of the explosion, he received moderate injuries and was hospitalized. At least four more students received minor injuries and went to a medical facility themselves. All people from the school were evacuated.
Further investigation of the incident is underway, including law enforcement agencies to determine the composition of the exploded substance.