Six employees of the Spanish-speaking American TV channel Univision were detained during an interview with the Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.
The incident occurred on February 25. The film crew led by host Jorge Ramos recorded an interview with Maduro at the presidential Palace Miraflores. According to Ramos, Maduro interrupted the interview after the journalist showed him his own video with Venezuelans who take out the remains of food from the garbage truck.
A video in which Nicolas Maduro was interrupted by an interview on Univision.
Journalists said that the Venezuelan government does not allow to publish interview. They took away videos, cameras and mobile phones. The crew was held in the Palace of Miraflores for almost three hours. Then the journalists were released, but not returned their personal belongings. On February 26, they should be deported from Venezuela, Univision reported.
The Venezuelan information Minister Jorge Rodriguez said that the government “does not support cheap shows.”
Venezuela is experiencing a severe economic crisis, due to which the inhabitants do not have enough food, medicines and other basic necessities. Last week, Nicolas Maduro, has closed the country’s borders because of the attempts of the opposition to the import of humanitarian aid from the United States. He called these attempts a provocation.